Your first-class ticket to one of the world's most majestic and untamed landscapes
The Misty Fjords National Monument is a natural wonder, carved to perfection by millions of years of glacial activity. It is characterized by its steep, glacier-carved cliffs, brilliant blue lakes, countless waterfalls, and lush coastal rainforests blanketed in mist. At 2.3-million acres, it is the largest tract of pristine wilderness in Alaska’s national forests and second largest in the nation.
There's only one way to take it all in — viewed from above in the safety and comfort of a Southeast Aviation seaplane, while your pilot keeps an eye out for wildlife. Amidst a rain-soaked and impossibly steep landscape, this magical region supports an abundance of wildlife that thrives in the thick rainforests, alpine mountaintops and icy inlets. Below you are brown bears, black bears, mountain goats, moose, wolves, eagles, sea lions, harbor seals, Orcas, and Dall’s porpoises.
MISTY FJORDS NATIONAL MONUMENT TOUR
This awe-inspiring tour of the Misty Fjords is a flightseeing wonder. Against the incredible backdrop of the deep fjords, your pilot will softly land on a sparkling alpine lake where you can soak in the quiet beauty of your surroundings.
Famed American naturalist John Muir wrote about his explorations in the region, often comparing Misty Fjords to the Yosemite Valley for its geology and glacial formation. The walls of the fjords rise up to 3000 vertical feet above sea level and nearly 1000 feet below.
With comfortable headsets, you'll enjoy a knowledgeable narrative of the lore, legend and history of the region, bringing you even closer to an experience you will never forget.
- Features 70-minute air tour and 20-minute mid-flight landing in Misty Fjords.
- Six-passenger DeHavilland Beaver seaplanes, all window seats.
- Interactive two-way voice communication with pilot and fellow passengers.
- Round-trip transportation included to and from Ketchikan Cruise Ship Dock / Visitor Center.
- Wildlife-viewing opportunities, including brown and black bears, mountain goats, seals, eagles, whales and more.
- Unforgettable adventure from liftoff to landing.
$289 per person | 90-minute total duration
MISTY FJORDS +